Sunday, August 18, 2013

Farewells, Vacations, School, and waiting for babies..

We lost Chris's dog Reagan to an accident at the end of July. It was really hard to say goodbye.. Especially for Chris. Reagan was his sleeping buddy and protector. Yes, Chris does have another dog, but Freddie is an outside dog, and I have yet to think of a way to house train him so he doesn't pee all over his room at night. So Chris is lonely at night. He's had someone or Reagan to sleep with basically his entire life. Bedtime is a fight.. including a lot of tears. I'm hoping that will settle down.

This summer we went to Colorado for a week to visit Zac's family. That's always a good time! We went to a museum, played cards, and spent a lot of time chatting and watching movies. Chris got pretty good at pitch. Everyone (but me) went to Despicable Me 2 on July 4th since there was a fire ban resulting in no fireworks. My parents saved some for our return, and lit them off when we got home. It was fun to get that time with them.

The kids and I went to Omaha with my parents, John, Jason and Brenna's friend Rebecca for 3 days. Museums, the zoo, Breadeaux Pizza, Melodrama, Mini Golfing (I was the winner of course!), and motel swimming.. And staying in the motel in general was a great time with John's flying squirrel and Jason's spanish channel cartoons.. We picked an excellent day for the zoo! It was cool and rainy.. SO much better than the hotness we usually experience.

The Bright Family Reunion was also a lot of fun! It always nice to see my mom's cousins, and how much the kids have grown. I enjoy listening to Great Aunt Josephine's stories, and there's always good food. It's a long drive, but it's worth it. Josephine is 95 this year! She's an awesome lady!

My daddy just brought me some Dr. Pepper. He rocks.

School. Blah. Brenna is a junior, and Chris is in 2nd grade. He was very excited to start school because he gets to see Austin and Gage. Brenna was not so excited. None of us like to get up early. It's something that never gets easier no matter how long school has been in session. We're just not morning people.. even when we go to bed early..

Zac has moved to 2nd shift. He's not happy about it because now he misses all the kids stuff, and only sees them on weekends. I have to do all the driving to various activities. BUT, I don't have to go to bed at 8pm now, and I like that. I have a chance to unwind in bed watching tv while waiting for my medication to kick in.. It's awesome!

Chris had karate graduation yesterday. He's now a purple belt. There's only one belt separating him and Brenna now.

I cleaned of the "laundry chair" today. Now I have 4 small piles left of clothes to put away. So I was a little productive today. Go me. I still have a lot to do to be ready for a week of school though. Being organized is not my strong point. I'm pretty annoyed that my OCD doesn't make my house straight and sanitized beyond belief. I will straighten the same picture many times a day though. And my cupboard doors are always closed? Let's pretend that counts. I have to go through Chris's clothes sometime. His dresser is overflowing with winter clothes. I know the pants are too short for him. Time to make room for new.. When we can afford it.. So much to do.. And so little motivation to do it..

My friend's daughter is in the hospital while they try to determine if she's having her baby or not. The waiting is making me nuts! I want to see that little boy so bad! It's very exciting :)

I have 3 more medications to get off of. It's still up in the air if I'll be able to sleep or not. I'm hoping my doctors can come up with a solution, but if not I suppose I am willing to just suck it up and nap when I can.

I guess it's time to make Chris come home from grama's and take a shower. I need to go through his backpack, start laundry and get him to eat.

But first I have to get him home.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment