Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cat Quirks.

We have 3 cats. The oldest is a black cat named Noodles. Brenna named him when she was 3. He's been through a lot. Numerous attacks from unknown animals, Brenna trying to give him a bath, undiagnosable illnesses.. Many toddlers.. He's a survivor. He's also very skinny and looooong. The other night he snuggled up against me while I was watching tv in bed.. with his paws around my neck.. and licked my chin.. So he can be lovey, but most of the time his hobbies include waiting for you to walk by so he can reach out and claw you, and tearing into cat (or dog) food bags by sticking his paws underneath the pantry door.

Our middle cat is grey. I took him from my Aunt with the stipulation that I could name him Flipper. You know, because he's grey. He is the loudest cat I've ever known. He's a little bit OCD or something.. He constantly pulls clumps of hair out with his teeth. His favorite place to do this is on Zac's side of the bed. Good kitty.

Holly is the baby. Even though she's not a baby anymore. She's a calico, and really pretty. She's the climber of the group. I don't think there's a chair, cupboard, bunk bed, stack of boxes, tv, refrigerator or car she hasn't had a nap on. We adopted her and her brother Frosty from the humane society. Frosty ran away shortly after we got them home.

All 3 constantly go in and out of the house.. Every time I open the door some come in.. some go out.. It's rare to find them all in the same place.. Unless you count when I'm in the bathroom.. They all follow me in, and congregate in the bathtub..

Yeah.. good times..

No comments:

Post a Comment