Saturday, August 31, 2013

And me without my umbrella..

I absolutely worship the rain. Clouds and storms are the best weather ever. If for no other reasons than they block the sun, and cool things down.

"For every minute of every day, 1 billion tons of rain falls on the Earth." That's a lot of rain. You'd think with *that* much water falling, at least some of it would be here.. But no such luck.. It's 48 thousand degrees outside.

Ombrophobia – fear of rain or being rained on

This summer it rained while we were at the zoo. It was awesome! It was the first time I didn't have to fight being miserable in the heat while gazing at giraffes.

Brenna doesn't like being outside when it's raining. She obviously doesn't get that trait from me. The only time I can stand being outside is if it's cloudy and sprinkling cold water.

What I don't like about rain has to do with where I live.. Muddy gravel roads.. I've grown up driving on them, and really they're not that big of a deal, but they do take some skill. A skill I've had to school nearly all of my boyfriends in at one time or another.

Don't worry, all my current boyfriends have it figured out.. ;)

The corner of 130th & Cherry has a tendency to flood in big ways. It flows on down and floods the dip down the road too. It used to be a pain having to find alternate routes to work. But I fixed that. I stopped working!

I guess the other thing I don't like about rain is that it sticks to my glasses.

Big. Pain. In. The. Ass.

But so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment