Saturday, August 20, 2011

Visitors

My parents just came over to get cheese. Together. On the golf cart.

I don't mind them coming over, I really don't.. I just need like an hour's notice to get my chips in order. If you are not my parents, make it 2 hours.

Another unexpected visitor popped in with my folks.. My big dog, Max. He comes in the house maybe once a year, and usually flits his way right back out. Not so much this time. He's taking a nap in the laundry area hallway.

Anyway, it makes me take another look at the state of my house. C-H-A-O-S. Some of the hilites being .... approximately 40 bottles of alcohol displayed on a towel on my kitchen floor, a McD's bag smooshed next to the wall by the door, a yellow plastic bag in the middle of the living room (contents unknown), and nearly all the contents of one section of the entertainment center spilled out onto the floor. And the cords. Oh My Gosh. The Cords. Everything is plugged into a power strip in the middle of the floor, and I think the whole floor is covered in cords. There has to be another way to provide electricity to our beloved machines. Has to!

My kids ran off to grama's. One while I was in the shower. Neither did what they were asked to get done today. But the quiet is nice.

I have a ton I should get done today. I haven't started anything except uploading some family reunion pictures. Well, I drank 2 Smirnoff Ice wine coolers, if that counts for anything productive.

Maybe I won't do my stuff either. I think I'll run off to hang with my kids at my mom's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment