Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The fine line between "done" and "burnt"..

"Did you know 'butt-on' is a word?"
"Use it in a sentence."
"Daddy is a butt-on."

*stiffled giggle*

This word came about because he was playing the wii, and read the word button.  It came out butt-on, and the rest is (very recent) history.

"I'm so glad Kayla got a heart tag, or Valentine's day would be ruined!" (heart shaped rabies tag)

Somehow I've managed to accomplish nothing again today.  Ok, so I folded laundry, but I didn't put it away. I also started supper, but I didn't actually put the meat in the croc pot myself because touching raw meat is nasty.. I just put the rest of the stuff in there.  I exercised, but only 20 minutes, and I feel like I should bump that out another time before bed.

But I'm so tired! And I got to sleep in an extra 2 hours, so there's no reason for this sleepiness.

The wii says I lost 7 tenths of a pound though, so it's all good.  I suppose.

Anyway, cooking is new to me.  I've always made stuff out of a box.  So this "following a recipe" concept is fairly uncharted territory.

I hate cooking.  But alas, my kids think they need to eat like every day. (What's up with that?)

And I'm bored.. so why not crack out my OCD on something productive? (in my mind)

I started looking up super easy recipes, and writing down the easy stuff I've made in the past.  Now I have probably 100 (ish) in my book, and I'm rolling with it.

I've become one of "those" people who like to pick what they're going to have for the week, and then shop accordingly.  I don't know if it saves any money, but it sure makes me feel organized! (and if you've seen my house recently, you'd understand why I have the desire to feel organized)

Zac (and most everyone.. me included a little) (self doubt) (i like parenthesis) just assumed I can't cook because I never did.  Turns out that's not true. I *can* cook, I just wouldn't, and don't like to.  I think Zac and Brenna have liked everything I've made so far. (Chris doesn't like basil pesto chicken)

So kudos to me, and on to something else. (another post coming soon)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment